Monday, June 30, 2008

Korea blog: conveyor sushi and Run DMC

I took this picture from a tv in my hotel...scratch that, motel tonight. They even had the adidas on, but they were laced up...Korean rap, you should've heard it.

I've been staying in this small room for the past 3 days waiting to move into a another place and begin work. The motel is close to the beach which is nice; I did swim in the ocean today, but I'm starting to feel like Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now, where he goes nuts in that hotel room in Hanoi waiting for his mission. Fortunately I move out tomorrow and begin work so I might get away without any smashed mirrors or cold showers.


The problem with motels is that you have every means of shelter with the exception of food, I had to leave 3 times a day to forage. Tonight being my last one, I wanted to get something more original than 7-11 ramen. So, I went to an automated sushi bar. This is a Japanese innovation on the traditional sushi bar...a bar you sit at and the "bartender" slices raw fish and serves it to you. The cooks placed the dishes on this conveyor belt which cycled around the restaurant. You simply pick up the dishes you wish to eat and stack them beside you afterwards.


The dishes are actually color coded so that you know which ones are the premium and which are economy. They even had bottles of booze making the rotation. Must be a Korean innovation.


I was so full....

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even think I 've ever seen that movie (apocalypse now):S...yah, I know...

but that "korean Run DMC" looks really funny!!too bad I can't listen to that!^^
and that automated sushi bar!!! WOW!! génial!!

2:19 PM  
Blogger bathmate said...

I liked it.
Bathmate

6:58 AM  
Anonymous cool whatsapp status said...

Great content and love the blog fir the simplicity and context.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dp for whatsapp
best dp for whatsapp
cute dp for whatsapp
best whatsapp dp

11:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

whatsapp status
whatsapp status
whatsapp status

11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


happy dussehra
happy dussehra wishes
happy dussehra messages quotes
dussehra wishes wuotes sms in marathi
happy dussehra whatsapp status facebook images

11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

happy diwali quotes
dhanteras wallpaper
dhanteras greeting
funny diwali quotes
quotes for diwali
diya diwali

1:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good morning image
good night image
irctc.co.in
friendship day
friendship quotes

10:22 AM  
Blogger RdxPunjaB said...

good night wallpaper

get well soon pictures

12:15 PM  
Anonymous video download on instagram said...

This is very nice post.

1:21 AM  
Blogger jeje said...

falcons jersey
off white jordan 1
pandora
nike factory store
mulberry bags
pandora charms
true religion jeans
dsquared
michael kors uk
ralph lauren outlet

10:48 PM  
Blogger jsminemie said...

http://echometer.com/UserProfile/tabid/61/userId/579403/Default.aspx
http://www.lipapromet.hr/UserProfile/tabid/43/userId/5286/Default.aspx
http://www.koenwilmaers.be/UserProfile/tabid/321/userId/954644/language/en-US/Default.aspx
http://dnn5.bevirtual.co.uk/UserProfile/tabid/229/UserID/2302607/Default.aspx

10:47 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

nike huarache
vapormax
adidas nmd r1
nhl jerseys
coach handbags
reebok shoes
christian louboutin sale
russell westbrook shoes
air max 97
yeezy boost 500

2:26 AM  
Blogger ojdrivingaca20 said...

I read this post, that is the good information for me. I search a lot of time for the topic you made. but don’t collect any good information for that. I am very happy because I’m so glad to get it. I think this method is working. honest to say Actually it’s good for me. If you need more please visit our page :
Wimbledon driving school

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home